Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Going UP

There's a tournament next week, and I decided to go up to the next weight class rather than try to cut. I was on the border between two weight classes, so I had to decide which way to go.

The format of the tournament makes it really hard to cut, as you must weigh in RIGHT before your first match rather than having a few hours to rehydrate, etc. Had this been a normal tournament I would have probably stayed on a strict diet and went in at a lower weight, but in this situation I'd rather be safe than get disqualified and lose all my money.

A friend told me that I should be worrying about my technique rather than my weight, so ultimately I decided that going up to the next class would be the best move. At least I have my peace of mind now.

Last time I tried to cut I ended up feeling weak and getting sick, and ultimately I missed the tournament altogether.

We'll see how this turns out.

No comments: