Friday, December 29, 2006

Full speed ahead

It's that time of year again.

2006 marked my introduction to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

I was given a good foundation to begin my training, which should allow for a smooth progression to the next stage.

With all things, it always comes back to fundamentals.

My cousin told me that in actual competition, the only moves that work against people at your own skill level are the basics. RNC, arm lock, triangle, etc. There are plenty of flashy and complicated moves, but pulling those off in the clutch probably won't happen.

It's the base that needs to be strong.

My goals for my training in 2007-

-get up to tournament shape
-compete in tournaments on a regular basis
-apply fundamentals and continue to develop my own gameplan and philosophy
-stay injury free
-train hard, but don't burn out
-get a blue belt before the end of the year

No comments: