Monday, December 4, 2006

Mini Victories

My theory worked out well tonight.

I focused on playing the top game- passing guard, working side control, and flowing through moves against some of the larger opponents.

The major breakthrough of the night-

I happened to catch a purple belt in an arm bar from mount. I passed his guard with a 101 pass and slid my knee through his half guard, and then planted my hand to block his hip escape. I then went to knee on stomach while grabbing the back of his head, and he pushed into me with his arms while snaking his hips away from me. I flowed around him while trapping his arm, and caught him in the fully extended arm lock before I hit the mat, and he tapped. After that, he managed to control the hell out of me and put me on my back at will for the rest of the match.

Ha ha, at least I got him once, though.

Small things like that make me feel like the focus is paying off.

No comments: