Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Attacking the turtle

PM class

techniques-

-clock choke
-bow and arrow choke
-crucifix choke
-kick over fall back collar choke

rolling-

Generally, I'm being too passive. Not really "in the zone," partially because my stamina is down from the outside conditioning.

I am letting some opponents advance too far, and generally am letting them put me in disadvantageous positions.

Can't let opponents grab me anymore. Gotta break right away and grab back. Can't let them get the deep De La Riva guard. Gotta go back to that guard passing posture BEFORE they get set up.

I will NOT get straight collar choked from someone's guard for awhile. When the hand goes in, I'm "answering the phone."

Also, I have to finish more relentlessly when I have the submissions in.

Lots of tuning to do, but I'm headed in the right direction. Just a bit frustrated today, but it's all in the learning process.

No comments: