Monday, January 21, 2008

Sweeping single leg

PM class

techniques-

-sweeping single leg
-sweeping single leg drill

notes-
-"punch" through with jab, not hook, to wrap up the leg.
-get to side as much as possible- they can't sprawl

guard drill-

I've realized the importance of passing to half guard and using smashing pressure passes rather than quick passes. There's much less space available and fewer options on the bottom. Today I rolled with a wrestler who was explosive as ever, but I was able to keep replacing guard because his passes were all loose and fast.

Loose will work against slower opponents, but against quick opponents with shifty hips and a good guard game, it will be much more difficult to pull anything off.


notes-

Triangle counters-
-both hands in hip and posture up (hip on side of free arm)
-rotate to side, pressure with hip, both hands in bend of knee and rip knee to ground to open triangle

1 comment:

nae said...

yo...you need to show me some of your north south escapes. my half marathon is over so i can refocus my attention to bjj.