Friday, March 14, 2008

Guard pass series

helped out with no gi class tonight.

-log splitter guard opener
-shin across and kick back pass
-knee slide pass

rolling-

-i feel like my guard is no good nowadays compared to how it was a few weeks ago. part of it has to do with the injury, and part of it has to do with my legs getting fatigued, i think. time to step up the conditioning as i rehab my knee.

-pop up on elbow as opponent goes to reverse kesa gatame from half guard top.

-worked on the arm-in guillotine a lot tonight. gotta figure out the kinks. i'm still locking it up and not getting on my side (or rather, my opponent is preventing me from going there.

-reminder- peruvian necktie. similar mechanics to arm-in guillotine.

-the marcelo ten finger guillotine is great with the leg over the shoulder.

-gotta practice- crossface, harness, cartwheel to take the back (marcelo move)

-must allow people to take my back and defend against the RNC.

-must allow people to guillotine me so i can defend.

-must allow people to triangle me so i can defend/escape.

-must learn how to lock up x-guard quickly on a standing and flurrying opponent

No comments: