Monday, April 14, 2008

Frustration again

I'm really frustrated with myself because I got caught in an Ezekiel choke that I shouldn't have gotten caught in.

First, it was from someone who I don't think should have been able to catch me.

Second, I was taking it easy because he was coming back from an injury.

Third, I saw it coming the whole time but still got caught in it, and even though I managed to recover guard I got finished from MY guard. So frustrating.

Lastly, he ducked out when I asked him to roll again. No chance for vindication.

Obviously there were a number of things that happened, but I was rolling lightly and got reversed from half guard top. From there, I felt the Ezekiel creeping in. I recovered to guard and got finished.

A big part of my frustration is my ego. I think Ezekiels are sort of scrub moves, but I guess I still got caught.

Now I guess I have a personal vendetta to completely dominate this guy whenever I roll with him.

Not the best attitude, but that's a pretty accurate picture of my current frame of mind.

I'm trying to develop that killer instinct and push myself to the next level, but things like this sort of humble me and show me that I have lots to work on.

I can't take people lightly at all anymore.

After GQ, it's going to be time to practice escapes from the bottom and from submissions.

Gotta let it go for now, it's all part of training.

Better that this happened during training and not during a tournament.

Learn the lesson, let go of the frustration. Gotta clean it up.

No comments: