Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Refocused

last night's techniques-

-collar choke from mount- low lapel feed
-arm lock from #1 if opponent bridges
-collar choke from #1



tonight's techniques-

-from turtle, opponent behind- grab knee, post, spin to butterfly guard
-from same position- grab hand, open arm up, spin around, arm drag
-from back- escape out over opponent's shoulder, prepare for them to mount (which they will do unless you're way better than them) and bring in butterfly hook- use hands/knee to stop mount and recover a butterfly guard


-marcelo arm drag- opponent posts leg to counter and base back. shoot underneath, guillotine around thigh, get into butterfly/x-guard underneath opponent (review marcelo's book, review robson moura's dvd) and sweep opponent over your shoulder.

--------------------

I hurt my radius/ulna yesterday but didn't really notice until I got home. Probably just a mild sprain, but it does bring me back to reality and remind me of one key thing- staying healthy is the most important thing.

I've been focusing on getting better while even putting my body in danger, but with a few recent setbacks (illness, knee sprain, tender ears, and now the wrist) I've realized that I won't even be able to train at all if I get hurt.

Gotta heal up and keep a clear head.

No comments: