Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking to 2008

This has been an incredible year.

My training and growth in jiu jitsu has increased my health, strength, peace of mind, and overall quality of life in so many ways. Although it has been frustrating and difficult at times, it has nonetheless been extremely rewarding.

As we enter into a new year, I want to take time to focus on goals for the 2008-

1. develop a strong base of escapes
2. develop resistance/escapes to submissions
3. work on sensitivity and timing
4. continue to develop the mental game
5. top game- passing the guard
6. top game- control and submissions
7. bottom game- sweeps

These are the primary areas that I feel need to be worked on before I can reach the next level. I need to continue to train as much as possible while also immersing myself in videos while not actually on the mat.

I'd like to compete in more tournaments, and hopefully do well. I'd also like to continue to push myself and apply myself 100% during each practice session. Overall, I'd just like to maintain a good pace with my growth and training in the game.

1 comment:

nae said...

congrats on all your accomplishments in 2007 and look forward to growing more in 2008.