Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rest

I've taken the last few days to recharge from the tournament.

Haven't been thinking about jiu jitsu too much- gotta recuperate and come back strong.

I've been considering the mental part of the game a lot more. I think that's what held me back at Grappler's Quest- but that was exactly what I needed to break through.

A few things to consider-

-maintain a positive attitude during training. still enjoy the game, don't let it become too serious.

-speed, timing, strength, leverage, technique, presence of mind, clarity, assertiveness, relentlessness, patience. gotta work on combining these.

-look to finish at all times. no more lackadaisical attitude. seize the moment when it comes.

-practice weak areas- standup, turtle, back, side control bottom, mount bottom, inside guard, etc. practice escaping submissions.

No comments: